Chi scrive su un blog sa quanto sia necessario proporre informazioni (almeno potenzialmente) di interesse per l’audience di riferimento, ma anche come sia imprescindibile confezionare gli aspetti formali relativi alla comunicazione affinché i contenuti ed il messaggio dei quali il blog si fa medium passino nella maniera più efficace e attraente possibile…
Pronet Advertising offre 5 regole per creare – e mantenere – un blog di successo – eccone un estratto:
“Although the blogosphere is a new space on the web, it is starting to become a crowded. Millions of bloggers are writing on a daily basis and many of them are writing on similar topics. Because of the sheer number of blogs fighting for the same eyeballs, it is becoming harder to become popular, so the question is how do you make your blog stand out from the rest?
Most blogs have 1 major thing in common, they are content centric. Content is going to get new visitors to your blog and keep your old readers reading. Here are some things to keep in mind when writing blog posts.
- Write quality content that readers can benefit from.
- Write on a consistent basis. There is nothing wrong with blogging on a daily, weekly or even on a monthly basis, but whatever your blogging schedule is, try to keep it consistent.
- Participate in conversations, it allows you to give your input on the latest happenings.
- Keep your content short and to the point. Om Malik once said that it is better to write something in 500 words than 1000 words.
- Your website’s content should be easy to read as well as easy to navigate.
- Make it easy for people to find your content by using categories and by having a search feature on your blog.
- Make your RSS subscription button easy to access for anyone looking to read your content from a RSS reader.
- Limit the options and features on your blog.
- Try to avoid technical jargon when possible and when you cannot try to explain the jargon in as few words as possible.
You can have the best blog in the world, but it does not matter if people cannot find it. Use search engines, blog search engines and the social mediums to bring visitors into your blog.
Search engines – Make sure your blog is optimized for search engines (Google, Yahoo, MSN…), that way you have a good chance of getting traffic from them. There are many online documents that give step by step instructions on how you can optimize your blog.
Blog search engines – ping the blog search engines through services like Ping-o-matic and Pingoat. That way when you post a new entry people can find it through blog search engines such as Technorati and IceRocket.
Social mediums – Get your content out on sites like digg or del.icio.us.
Try to differentiate yourself from your competition. Standing out is not always a bad thing, if your blog stands out from the crowd it will draw more attention and potentially make it more popular.
The most important thing that a blogger can do is listen to his/her readers. It is not all about you, it is all about the reader. You can have a great blog, but if you ignore your readers sooner or later they will ignore you and even stop reading your blog.”