JabRef is an open source bibliography reference manager. The native file format used by JabRef is BibTeX, the standard LaTeX bibliography format. JabRef runs on the Java VM (version 1.4.2 or greater), and should work equally well on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
Bibliographies generated by LaTeX and BibTeX from a BibTeX file can be formatted to suit any reference list specifications through the use of different BibTeX style files. It supports the initiative to build a searchable database of BibTeX style files, organized by journal names: LaTeX bibliography style database.
- Advanced BibTeX editor
- Search a pattern in the whole bibliography
- Classification of entries
- BibTeXML, CSA, Refer/Endnote, ISI Web of Science, SilverPlatter, Medline/Pubmed (xml), Scifinder, OVID, INSPEC, Biblioscape, Sixpack, JStor and RIS
- HTML, Docbook, BibTeXML, MODS, RTF, Refer/Endnote and OpenOffice.org
- You can add your own fields to any BibTeX entry type
- Customization of the JabRef interface
- Integrates to your environment
- Launch external applications: PDF/PS viewers, web browser, insert citations into LyX, Kile and WinEdt
- Automatic Key generation
- Search Medline and Citeseer